We have created a FAQ section to answer the most commonly asked questions.

Is there a minimum age?

Yes, you must be 18 years or older to participate in our events.

Do I need a valid Drivers License?

Yes, you must have a valid drivers license.

Do I have to be a member of IMRA to participate in a sanctioned session?

Yes. IMRA membership is $55 per year. All drivers must join prior to participating in an IMRA sanctioned event. It is highly recommended that you read the IMRA Rules to see which category your vehicle will be classified for.

Do I get a Speed Certificate?

Yes, IMRA will supply you with Timing Slips from all of your runs, and a Standing 1 Mile Certificate along with a 2.3 Mile Top Speed Certificate.

Is there a Vehicle Tech Inspection?

Yes, and all vehicles must be inspected and pass the Tech inspection or they are not permitted to run at the event.

What happens if I go faster 225 mph?

There are strict IMRA safety requirements for any vehicles running over 225mph. Please contact us for details.

What if I am not a U.S. Citizen?

If you do not have a Green Card or appropriate VISA you will need to contact us at least 30 days before any session to complete the required paperwork (there will be an additional entry fee).

Are animals and/or pets allowed at the event?


Are firearms allowed at the event?


Do I need to sign a waiver?

Yes, all participants have to sign a wavier.

Do I need helmet?

Yes, a SNELL 2000 or newer full face racing helmet is required. It is recommended that you also wear a Nomex rated head sock.

Do I need a racing suit?

No, the minimum requirement is a leather motorcycle style jacket. It is highly recommended that you wear a SFI 3.2A/51 or higher rated racing suit, with Nomex rated SFI 3.3 or higher socks and underwear.

Do I need racing gloves?

No, but we recommended you wear SFI 3.3 two layer or higher racing gloves.

Can I wear shorts?

No, pants (jeans) are required.

Can I wear open shoes?

No, full covered shoe wear is required.

Are passengers allowed?

Yes, but only crew can ride as passengers if you purchase the correct Drivers Pass.

If my car breaks down, what do I do?

Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds provide a professional on-site Tow Service, that will assist any vehicle that is damaged, or incapacitated. They will tow your vehicle back to the HQ (Badging Office) for free.

Can I bring extra gas/fuel?

Yes, as long as it is in an approved container.

Can I bring alcohol?

No, alcohol is not allowed. Any driver or crew member suspected of alcohol drinking will be removed from the event (this also applies if you are suspected to be under the influence of drugs).

Can I be ejected from the event?

Yes, you can be removed for the facility (with no refund) for inappropriate behavior, fighting, reckless driving, and any activity that can endanger bystanders or other drivers.

Are spectators allowed?


Is food and water supplied?

No, you will need to bring your own water and food for the day. We recommend that you bring use ice coolers.

Should I bring sun protection?

Yes, you should bring plenty of sun screen protection and a hat.



Sold Out